Allow three (3) months for the credentialing and approval process to be completed!
- Before starting the appointment process, please ensure you have applied for:
These need to be pending at the time of your application for medical staff privileges and approved before privileges can be granted.
- a faculty appointment in the appropriate School of Medicine department/division,
- Utah licensure, and
- DEA. (must have Utah practice address)
- Obtain a copy of the necessary documents from the department coordinator or download them from this web site. These include the:
- appointment application,
- division/department privilege form,
- pharmacy form, and
- PPM form.
Attach copies of:
- Utah Licensure and DEA
- Curriculum Vitae
- TB test results within the last two years. If you wish to take this test at the University of Utah Hospital, contact Occupational Health at 801-581-2227.
Send the completed forms to the department coordinator where they will then obtain division chief (if applicable) and department chair approval to proceed.
Once signatures have been obtained, they will hand deliver the appointment packet to a credentialing specialist in the Medical Staff Office (MSO) where the process will be initiated.
Be on call and willing to assist the MSO should they run into problems obtaining primary source verification regarding your education, previous employment, insurance coverage, peer reviews, etc. Your help will expedite the process.
If you have any questions regarding the application and/or forms, please contact a credentialing specialist in the MSO. Referring to the Application Process may also answer some questions.