More for Educators
The UPCC is offering a "Train-the-Trainer" program through each of the 12 local health districts in Utah. Training was completed in all 12 Health District in August 2003. This program is supported by a grant from Health Resources and Services Administration; Maternal and Child Health Bureau. The purpose of the training is to build community capacity to provide poison prevention throughout the state and allow the UPCC to stretch its limited resources.
If you are interested in attending a training in your area or to make contact with trainers in your area, contact Marty Malheiro.
Additional lesson plans are available for various age groups.
- Poison Safety: Lesson Plans for Pre K - 6th grade Children
- Inhalant Prevention: Lesson Plans for 4th grade and above
- Buzz in a Bottle: Energy Drink Dangers, Lesson Plan for Teens
- Young Parent (Teen Mom) Lesson Plan
- Babysitter's Guide to Poison Prevention Lesson Plan
- Poison Prevention...Keeping Families Safe: Lesson Plan for Adults
- Medication Safety and Poison Prevention: Lesson Plan for Seniors
- Medicines in My home
For additional information about the UPCC's education programs, contact Marty Malheiro, MS, CHES.