The University Health Care Transfer Center is a new program designed to assist you in accessing our inpatient facilities and Emergency Department for urgent patient evaluation, admission or transfer.
We will expedite physician-to-physician consultation and streamline the transfer process:
|In-Patient to In-patient||Community Clinic to ED|
|ED to ED (Emergency Department)||Community Clinic to In-Patient|
- Expedite physician-to-physician consultation.
- Determine resource availability & appropriate placement for your patient.
- Assist with transportation arrangements.
- Facilitate transfer of clinical documentation to ensure continuity of care.
- Provide you with contact information, for the physician admitting your patient.
- Following discharge, the University Medical Group will send you a copy of your patientís discharge summary.
Toll Free Number
A toll-free number, 1-877-ADMIT 2 U (1-877-236-4828) is now available 24 hours a day for your convenience. With one call you will have immediate access to more than 900 board certified specialists in the University of Utah Medical Group. With on call you will be assisted in arranging urgent and unanticipated admissions and transfers to the University Hospital, Huntsman Cancer Hospital, and the University Neuropsychiatric Hospital.
The goal of our new Transfer Center is to be accessible to you and to meet your needs in obtaining urgent and unanticipated inpatient services at the University of Utah. We hope you will find this service useful in facilitating care for your patients.
We appreciate our relationship with you and look forward to providing excellent care for your patients. We welcome your feedback regarding this service. Please feel free to contact the Transfer Center staff or managers at any time.
We welcome your feedback regarding this new service. Please direct comments to email@example.com